This week’s sermon made a couple of suggestions about where we can see or experience God’s presence: standing in an open space letting the wind blow around us; sailing a boat a night; watching clouds and imagining them as God’s chariots.
Where do you see or experience God’s presence in the world around you? Share a comment.
Other thoughts coming out of this psalm you might want to comment on are:
1. Verse 23 describes humanity’s natural state as “going out to work”. Was work always part of God’s design for us, or is it just a result of the curse? Should we see God’s presence or Satan’s in our need to work?
2. Should Christians ever pray v35? “Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more.“
3. How is “Creation Stewardship” different or similar to the environmental movement? What is a proper Christian attitude to the natural world?
Songs from the Psalm
A lot of these are just as much tied to Psalms such as 8, 9, 24, 100, etc., but here’s another list [Thanks Brian]. Please add your own suggestions too:
- How Great Is Our God (2nd verse–“He wraps Himself in light?)
- For the Beauty of the Earth
- All Things Praise Thee
- How Great Thou Art
- This Is My Father’s World
- Praise the Lord, ye heav’ns, adore Him!
- Indescribable (Chris Tomlin)
- Let Us With a Gladsome Mind (GSII 433)
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (GSR 45)
- Consider the Lilies (GSII 542)
- Almighty (Wayne Watson)
- All Things Bright and Beautiful (SFP)