- Read 1 Corinthians 3:5-15 here. Also read 2 Peter 1:3-9 here.
- If you missed Sunday’s sermon (7 September) you can listen to it here.
This week we launched the annual theme for Lawson Road: “You are God’s Building.” This theme sentence adapts 1 Corinthians 3:9 which reads, “For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.” Last week we read 2 Corinthians 5:20 which tells us that Christians serve as God’s ambassadors. There’s something prestigious about being an ambassador, but being a building sounds pretty mundane and boring. Do you think our choice of theme will prove to be a good one? What message does it communicate to you?
At the end of the sermon the elders handed out nails (building materials) to each member reminding them to “Be God’s Building; Build God’s Building.” We’d also like to hang a banner in the auditorium with our theme on it. Do you have any other ideas (creative or otherwise) of how we can encourage the church with this theme?
Songs & Scripture
Not a very long list this week, so please make some suggestions. What are some songs that fit our new theme?
- My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
- The Church’s One Foundation
- The Wise Man Built His House on the Rock (kids song)
- I Will Not be Moved (good suggestion Jo H – On Natalie Grant’s 2008 album Relentless)
- How Firm A Foundation
- I Belong to Jesus (Dennis Jernigan, 1993)
- Firm Foundation (On the Acappella CD Awesome God which is part of their Praise & Harmony series)