- Read Romans 9:12-21 here.
- Sermon will be available here shortly.
This week we took a break from studying Philippians to announce our revamped Small Group Ministry. Although we’re still in the planning stages of this ministry, we want to keep the church in the loop and excited about how God can use thes groups at Lawson Road.
The text this week comes from Romans 9 and emphasises some of the important responsibilities Christians bear toward “one another”. However, this requires that we know one another. For those who have been at the church for a long time it’s sometimes difficult to keep meeting new people because we enjoy the people we already know…and our social circle can only grow so big. Yet, around 25% of our congregation has started regularly attending in the last 2 years. Apart from small groups, what are some ideas for ways we can get to know each other, particularly newcomers, better?
Also, here’s the sample list of “one anothers” I read during the sermon. Since the projector wasn’t working and I read them fairly quickly I thought in might by useful to list them here.
- Be at peace with one another (Mark 9:50b)
- Love one another (John 13:34a)
- Be devoted to one another (Rom 12:10a)
- Accept one another (Rom 15:7)
- Teach one another (Rom 15:14)
- Carry each other’s burdens (Gal 6:2)
- Forgive each other (Eph 4:32)
- Build each other up (1 Thess. 5:11)
Songs & Scripture
Any suggestions for songs that highlight the importance of loving relationships within the church would be good?!?!
- How Sweet, How Heavenly
- Heart of a Servant
- A Common Love (SFP)