I posted this picture several months ago for comment, but didn’t get much response. Now that our church members have had longer to consider this banner at the front of the auditorium, I’m hoping to get a bit more conversation.
In our church bulletin I suggested several ways of looking at this image:
- Each of the squares and hands are a different color. What does that tell us about God’s building?
- Do you see the hands holding up the coloured squares? Does that signify something about our role in the church?
- Are the blocks at the bottom supporting the blocks above them? Who might these blocks represent in the church?
- Do the hands look to you as though they’re waving? How does God’s building (the church/people) communicate friendliness?
- There is one hand per square, but many squares. Doesn’t the Bible say something about many parts forming a whole?
Can you see a message or lesson in this picture? Please leave a comment and share your thoughts with us.